Service Alert Details← Return to Service Alerts
Campus & UCC Total Power OutageDec 21 07:00 AM - 07:00 PMReynolda Campus & UCC
On Saturday December 21, 2013 power to the WFU Campus and UCC will be shut down at approximately 8:00 am in order to make necessary repairs to the Cherry Street substation, UCC main switchgear, and a high voltage loop switch on campus. We anticipate having the majority of the WFU campus re-energized by 1:00 pm (except for The Barn, Haddock and the Anthropology Lab) with all of campus back up by 7:00 pm. We anticipate having UCC re-energized by 7:00 pm.
We would appreciate your help with the following:
- Please have all servers powered down (if not on UPS) by 7:00 am
- Please shut down any servers that are not necessary by 7:00 am
- Shut down desktop and laptop computers unless instructed otherwise by IT or administrative staff. If your computer, speakers, phone charger, etc., are all on one power strip, turn off the power strip after shutting down your computer.
- If possible unplug nonessential equipment such as copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners, and chargers.
- If possible unplug all appliances, including coffee makers, microwaves, televisions, and radios (do not unplug refrigerators).
- Turn off office lights and as much public lighting as possible in hallways, bathrooms, break rooms, and conference rooms.
- Check windows to make sure they are tightly closed and locked.
- Check faucets in bathrooms and break rooms to make sure they are completely turned off and not dripping.
- If you work in a lab with variable air volume fume hoods, shut the sash completely (just as you should any time the hood is not in use).
- Call in any leaks or maintenance issues to the Utilities Operation Center at 336.758.4747
- If you experience any issues or problems during the outage please contact Ed Bullington at 336.240.0033 or the Utilities Operation Center at 336.758.4747
- If you need notification when the power is restored, please contact Ed Bullington at 336.240.0033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have special needs during the outage, please contact Ed Bullington at 336.240.0033 or email@example.com
We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Ed Bullington