Service Alert Details← Return to Service Alerts
New Chemical Safety Training RequirementsOct 23 - Dec 1Reynolda Campus
Mandatory Safety Compliance Hazard Communication Training
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has established new standards for identification of chemical hazards in the work place.
All employees whose work involves the use, storage, and/or receipt of chemical products are required to complete training & certification of completion by December 1, 2013.
Employees in the following Departments are required to complete this training:
- Facilities and Campus Services
- Art – Studio Art and Photography
- Theater and Dance – Scene Shop
- Any employee not listed in the Departments above whose work involves the use of chemicals.
* Laboratory employees should view the updated Lab Safety Video located on the Environmental Health and Safety Lab Safety website.
- Office of Environmental Health & Safety