Service Alert Details← Return to Service Alerts
Winter Break 2012-2013 Parking InformationDec 10 - Jan 14Multiple Locations
If you do not live in WFU off-campus housing, you must leave your vehicle at your resident location (house or apartment).
- If you park on-campus (RS permit) and will be leaving your vehicle during break, you will be required park in Lots R1, R2 or Q.
- If you have an off-campus parking permit (OC permit) you can park your vehicle on-campus during winter break in lots R1, R2 and Q, but do not bring your vehicle on campus to park for break until you are physically leaving campus during the week of December 10. Vehicles with an off-campus parking permit must be returned to off-campus parking lots by Monday, January 14, 2013 @ 8:00am.
- If you have an off-campus parking permit (SO permit) for the sophomore parking lot, you will need to leave your vehicle parked in this lot during the winter break. Shuttle service to the sophomore lot will continue to operate until Saturday night, December 15 until 12:00 am Shuttle service will resume Sunday, January 13 at 12:00 pm
- Freshman students leaving their vehicle during winter break can relocate their vehicle from the UCC student lot to on-campus and must park in Lot J or Q. Vehicles can be brought on-campus on Wednesday, December 12 after 5:00 pm, however; do not bring your vehicle on campus to park for break until you are physically leaving campus. If you need to relocate your vehicle on-campus prior to Wednesday, December 12, please contact the Parking and Transportation Office at 336-758-PARK.
- Shuttle service to/from the UCC student parking lot and campus will operate on a regular schedule until Friday, December 14 at 8:00 pm
- Shuttle service to/from campus to the UCC student lot will resume on Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 12:00 pm
- Vehicles must be relocated from campus to the UCC student lot by Monday, January 14, 2013 by 8:00 am
Frequenting Campus During Break / Students Living Off-Campus:
- Beginning Friday, December 14th at 5:00pm, all commuter students (including students who ride the Gold and Black Lines) with a registered or non-registered student vehicle who will be frequenting campus to work, study, etc., during the winter break, can park their vehicle in general lots for the duration of time needed to do so. (Including Law and MBA students who are completing final exams) Do not park in Faculty/Staff lots, Visitor or Reserved Spaces.
- Gold and Black Line service will resume on Monday, January 14, 2013.
Loading/Packing Your Vehicle:
If you are driving home and need to load your vehicle, you must follow these directions:
*Pack your items prior to parking your vehicle to load.
*Legally park in a parking space, use your headlights and emergency blinkers while loading your vehicle.
*Cars parked more than one hour will be ticketed.
Do not park in fire lanes, handicapped or other reserved spaces or you will be ticketed or towed.
- Parking & Transportation Office
- 336.758.PARK (7275)