Service Alert Details← Return to Service Alerts
Winter Break 2013/2014 Parking InformationDec 13 - Jan 14Multiple Locations
Loading/Packing Your Vehicle:
If you are driving home and need to load your vehicle, you must follow these directions:
- Pack your items prior to parking your vehicle to load.
- Park legally in a parking space, use your headlights and emergency blinkers while loading your vehicle.
- Cars parked more than one-hour will be ticketed. Do not park in fire lanes, handicapped or other reserved spaces or you will be ticketed or towed.
- If you park on-campus (RS permit) and will be leaving your vehicle during break, you will be required to park in Lots R1, R2 or Q.
- If you have an off-campus parking permit (SO permit) for the sophomore parking lot, you will need to leave your vehicle parked in this lot during the winter break. Shuttle service to the sophomore parking lot will continue to operate until 12:00 am Saturday night, December 14. Gray Line Night Shuttle service will resume Sunday, January at 7:30 pm.
- Freshman students leaving their vehicle during winter break can relocate their vehicle from the UCC student parking lot to on-campus and must park in Lot J. Vehicles can begin to be brought on-campus on Thursday, December 12 after 5:00 pm and all vehicles will need to be relocated to campus by 9:00 pm Friday, December 13. Do not bring your vehicle on campus to park for break until you are physically leaving campus. If you need to relocate your vehicle to campus prior to Thursday, December 12, please contact the Parking and Transportation Office at 336-758-PARK
- Shuttle service to/from the UCC student parking lot and campus will operate on a regular schedule until Friday, December 13 at 9:00 pm.
- Shuttle service to/from campus to the UCC student lot will resume on Sunday, January 12, 2014 at 2:00 pm.
- Vehicles must be relocated from campus to the UCC student lot by Monday, January 13, 2014 before 8:00 am.
- If you do not live in WFU off-campus housing, you must leave your vehicle at your resident location (house or apartment). Unregistered cars are subject to citations if parked on campus.
- Beginning Friday, December 13 @ 5:00 pm, all commuter students (including students who ride the Gold and Black Lines) that have a vehicle displaying a current valid student permit and who will be frequenting campus to work, study, exams, etc., during the winter break, can park their vehicle in general lots for the duration of time needed to do so. (Including Law and MBA students who are completing final exams) Do not park in Faculty/Staff lots, Visitor or Reserved Spaces.
- Gold and Black Line service will cease after Friday, December 13 and will resume service on Monday, January 13, 2014.
- Parking & Transportation