The Office of Waste Reduction & Recycling is committed to reducing the University’s environmental footprint and promoting sustainable practices through education. Through continuing initiatives such as our Surplus Property program and technotrash recycling, we are making a difference on campus and in the community with our waste diversion program. Check out our “What to Recycle” poster for guidelines on recycling at WFU.
With the Surplus Property program, our primary goal is to maximize the reuse of property no longer needed by a department by collecting, processing and then redistributing the property to other university departments.
Ewaste bins are repurposed filing cabinets from campus! Feel good recycling your technotrash when you drop it off in our repurposed Ewaste bins! You can find the bins in the lobby of the ZSR Library and Farrell Hall. What can you drop in the bins?
- Cell phones, chargers and accessories
- MP3 players, iPods, digital cameras
- CDs, DVDs, CDRs, diskettes and virtually all other type of computer tapes
- Rechargeable batteries and their chargers
- Handheld games
- Computer/printer cords and accessories
- Regular, nonrechargeable alkaline batteries
- Computers and printers – send personal computers back to the manufacturer or take them to an electronics recycler like the program at Goodwill; all WFU computers need to be returned to Information Services for repurposing and/or recycling
- Small printer cartridges (only student small ink jet cartridges)**
**Please take ALL WFU staff and faculty large printer cartridges to the Sustainability Office(Reynolda, Room 101). Ewaste bins are only for student’s personal printer ink cartridge disposal.
Contact the Surplus Property Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (cell) 336-251-8635, (office) 336-758-5046.