E-waste bins are repurposed filing cabinets from campus! Feel good recycling your electronic waste when you drop it off in our repurposed E-waste bins!
Bins are located in Benson, ZSR Library next to the staircase outside Room 204, Farrell basement, and the UCC.
If faculty, staff, or students have trouble locating or accessing an e-waste recycling bin, they can contact Alan Winkler directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a free pick up. We will pick up any device with a battery or electric cord.
What can you drop in the bins?
- Cell phones, chargers and accessories
- MP3 players, iPods, digital cameras
- CDs, DVDs, CDRs, diskettes and virtually all other types of computer tapes
- Rechargeable batteries and their chargers
- Handheld games
- Computer/printer cords and accessories
- Computers and printers – send personal computers back to the manufacturer or take them to an electronics recycler like the program at Goodwill; all WFU computers need to be returned to Information Services for repurposing and/or recycling
- Small printer cartridges (only student small ink jet cartridges)**
**Please take ALL WFU staff and faculty large printer cartridges to the Sustainability Office (Reynolda, Room 101). E-waste bins are only for student’s personal printer ink cartridge disposal.