E-waste bins are repurposed filing cabinets from campus! Feel good recycling your electronic waste when you drop it off in our repurposed E-waste bins!
Bins are located in Benson, the lobby of the ZSR Library, Farrell basement, and the UCC.
If faculty, staff, or students have trouble locating or accessing an e-waste recycling bin, they can contact Alan Winkler directly at email@example.com to arrange a free pick up. We will pick up any device with a battery or electric cord.
What can you drop in the bins?
- Cell phones, chargers and accessories
- MP3 players, iPods, digital cameras
- CDs, DVDs, CDRs, diskettes and virtually all other types of computer tapes
- Rechargeable batteries and their chargers
- Handheld games
- Computer/printer cords and accessories
- Regular, nonrechargeable alkaline batteries
- Computers and printers – send personal computers back to the manufacturer or take them to an electronics recycler like the program at Goodwill; all WFU computers need to be returned to Information Services for repurposing and/or recycling
- Small printer cartridges (only student small ink jet cartridges)**
**Please take ALL WFU staff and faculty large printer cartridges to the Sustainability Office (Reynolda, Room 101). E-waste bins are only for student’s personal printer ink cartridge disposal.