Faculty & Staff Shopping Hours
Due to obligations for on campus events and the Thanksgiving Holiday there will be no Surplus Shopping on Friday, 11/17/2023 or Friday 11/24/2023
We will reopen on Friday, 12/01/2023 for our regular hours.
The Wake Forest University Surplus Property Program is in place solely for the use of WFU Departments and our Direct Partners. We do not make items available for purchase by individuals or the general public.
Surplus Shopping is open at the offsite warehouse every Friday from 10am to 12pm.
Contact Alan Winkler at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Please keep in mind that the Surplus Department assists with many different aspects of campus life. At several different times throughout the year, our department is extremely busy. While we always try to meet the needs of our customers who make short-notice requests, sometimes it is just not possible. If you need particular services executed within one week of your request, please reach out to the Surplus Manager, Alan Winkler (email@example.com), to verify that we have the availability to meet your needs. Thank you!
27 W. 30th Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27105
Directions from the Reynolda Campus:
Turn right onto University Parkway.
At the 2nd light, make a left onto Deacon Blvd
Go straight through the light at Shorefair (This is where Deacon Blvd becomes 30th Street)
The Surplus Warehouse Facility is a few hundred yards ahead, on the left.
(There is a WFU sign by the street that reads, “Material Management”)
Once you are inside the gate, drive straight ahead, past the reddish construction trailer.
Turn left behind the building.
Once you make that left, look to your left for a covered ramp.
Park anywhere in that area and walk up that ramp.
That door will bring you right into Surplus.
The WFU Surplus Property Program collects property from departments that no longer need it and redistributes it to departments that do need it. Our primary goal is to maximize reuse of University property and minimize the quantity of property that ends up in our landfills.
Since the Surplus Program began in 2011 . . .
- Over 8,000 individual items having been repurposed and reused within WFU Departments.
- Over 17,000 individual items having been gifted to local charitable organizations or otherwise moved into the community to continue their useful life.
- Additionally, metal items with no further re-usefulness totaling over 261 Tons have been recycled through the WFU Surplus Program.
- Electronic and electrical items collected and responsibly recycled have amounted to over 58 Tons for equipment diverted from landfills.
That’s over 1,080 Tons of merchandise repaired, recycled, re-purposed, re-used and diverted from the landfill!
We offer the following surplus property services:
- Collection of surplus furniture (desks, chairs, tables, etc.), office supplies, and equipment (laboratory equipment, etc.)
- Delivery of surplus to departments upon request
- E-Waste recycling
Note: Do not throw broken property in the trash! Have Surplus Property pick it up instead.
Still have questions? Check out the Surplus Guidelines.