In less than 30 seconds a small flame can get completely out of control and turn into a major fire. It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a building. In minutes, a building can be engulfed in flames.
The Fire & Life Safety Program is responsible for supporting multiple departments with fire and life safety systems expertise and code awareness. As a subject matter expert resource, we serve Maintenance, Utilities, and Project Management departments within Facilities & Campus Services, as well as the broader campus.
Fire Safety Tips:
- In the event of a fire, remember time is the biggest enemy and every second counts!
- Escape first, then call for help.
- Always evacuate the building.
- Be familiar with your building fire escape plan and designated meeting place outside.
- Know the location of fire alarm pull stations. They are generally located at each exit door, fire rated stairwell, and elevator banks.
- Never stand up in a fire, always crawl low under the smoke and try to keep your mouth covered.
- Never return to a burning building for any reason; it may cost you your life.
Work Order Request
Work Order Requests are processed Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For immediate assistance or emergencies, contact us immediately at 336.758.4255.